Junior Software Engineer (EU Remote)
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
LearnWorlds is on a mission to educate. Our powerful all-in-one platform enables trainers, educators, and enterprises to create and offer unique learning experiences. The cloud-based e-learning platform offers tailor-made solutions, from creating whole e-learning websites to author online courses as well as providing the right tools to sell them on a B2B/B2C function. In this way, Learnworlds aims to offer a holistic online learning experience. A huge emphasis is being given to creating student satisfaction and deep, lasting connections between learners and instructors.
Today, LearnWorlds has c.7500 customers in more than 140 countries and our team is fully remote. However, we also offer the option of working from the office for those who want to mix things up. We have offices in Athens, Chania, and Limassol.
About the role
As LearnWorlds’ product scales and develops, so does our engineering team! Our product is an all-in-one platform which means that there are tons of different things to work on, and that’s without including the frequent development and introduction of new features that make our customers’ experience even better.
We are currently looking for a talented and promising Junior Software Engineer that has a passion for software development and technology. You will work on improving the LearnWorlds functionality and implementing new features. Our team is tight and includes experienced engineers from all types of backgrounds and profiles that work together towards the same goal, always as one.
We welcome engineers from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. What matters the most to us is the ability to deploy your curiosity, learning aptitude, and potential to grow. We’re also looking for people who are not afraid to make judgment calls and be smart decision-makers, rather than passive players waiting for the next assignment. We have a startup mentality and love getting things done quickly. We are always very busy, so if you love being productive, and proactive, and pushing code to production frequently, you will feel right at home.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk, and Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, and Firebase.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design, develop, and maintain the LearnWorlds platform
- Have a significant technical contribution to the entire lifecycle of large-scale implementation projects
- Take part in developing challenging features, solving interesting problems, and be exposed to many types of implementations and stack
- Write and maintain clean, reliable, scalable, and efficient code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and best practices are followed
- Work closely with our designers, engineers, product managers, sales and operations on expanding the application and adding new features.
- Adopt a startup mentality and get things done efficiently. Our product roadmap keeps us busy, so if you love being productive, proactive and pushing code to production frequently, you will feel right at home
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the fields of Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline
- Learning mentality and a passion for software engineering is the epitome of what you will need for starts
- Self-motivated to contribute with your own ideas – showcase the feasibility and benefits with a proof of concept and document your cutting edge solution
- Some previous projects on Github
- Native or near-native Greek speaker
- Private life and health insurance plan
- 23 days of paid vacation leave per annum from year one
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home and annual home-office allowance.
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Company laptop & monitor
- 3 early summer Fridays
- Personal training budget per year
- Team educational materials and expenses, subject to management approval
- Eligibility for any additional employee benefits that the company may provide in the future
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 140 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow’s e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat).