Senior PHP Software Engineer (EU Remote)
Position type: Full Time, Permanent
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
LearnWorlds is a fast-growing, innovative, e-learning company serving customers in over 100 countries. Founded in mid-2014, we are a company with offices in Greece and Cyprus. LearnWorlds is driven by a highly competitive team, that leads by example, with strong background in e-learning, innovation and digital technologies. We design and implement digital learning experiences and help our clients satisfy their students while maximizing their profits.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact
We are looking for a talented and competitive Software Engineer that has a passion for software development and technology. You will be responsible for improving the LearnWorlds functionality and implementing new features. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and will be required to present with confidence and champion work to completion.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk, Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Firebase.
- You’ll be in charge of adding new functionality to our codebase, and figure out the best way to do it, using our best practices and processes. You’ll also have to make judgment calls and be a smart decision maker, rather than a passive player waiting for the next assignment.
- You will get the chance to get involved in intriguing projects such as our Sales engine, Integrations, Analytics, Authoring tools and Automatons.
- You will be working closely with our designers, engineers, product management, sales and operations on expanding the application and adding new features. Hence, you have to get along well with your colleagues and always to be ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- You will participate in the whole life-cycle of the project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project status on a daily basis to your team.
- We have a startup mentality and love getting things done quickly. We are always very busy, so if you love being productive, proactive and pushing code to production frequently, you will feel right at home.
- 5+ years of production experience as a PHP backend engineer
- Experience with Laravel/Symfony/SlimPHP
- High standards in terms of code quality, reusability, testability, and maintainability
- Solid problem solving, debugging & troubleshooting skills
- Solid experience with software testing
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of relational databases (PostgreSQL mainly)
- Experience with non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- You are a true team player, positive and optimistic by nature
- You see problems as fun riddles to be solved
- Experience implementing migration strategies from a monolith to services
- Desire to work with Go
- Past experience with LMS system
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Open-source contributions
- Competitive compensation and bonuses.
- Private life and health insurance plan for you and your family
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 100 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow’s e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Continuous training and mentoring opportunities. Access to books, resources, training, and conferences
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat)